Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Do Not Be Alarmed

I've been focusing on getting better at drawing. I think I have a long way to go. I've been going page by page through Jack Hamm's drawing books. And pretty much everything else I can find. I got a bunch of books on Matta. I'm learning from his paintings...


I'm trying to plan paintings out a bit more too. I'm still keeping the spontanious trance painting thing I have going, but I want to have a bit of an idea what I want to do and what colors I'd like. I'll see how that goes. I may not be cut out for under drawings and color sketches... Here is a doodle from the sketch book that I've been trying out as something more. The lower left side isn't done, neither is the ground, nor the head/hand things. I bought the cheapest set of colored pencils the art store had, and apparently it includes only one blue and no bright green. Blah.





I'm not sure how I feel about it. Galina says it's her favorite. Even though she has no idea how it will look.


Here are some squirrels and dinosaurs. And a head. The first squirrel cracks me up. I'm going to try to make something out of him.







And here is a comic Julian drew, my interpretation of it, and a picture of her as a baby.





I have much more, I didn't even get to the actual sketchbooks, but I'm tired and want to relax a bit before I have to go back to work...

1 Comment:

Unknown said...

It's fun to see your development, Brian. Keep the talent coming!

Post a Comment